Nevada Continuing Education COURSE
Nevada Legal Updates
Every two years, legislators in Nevada convene to approve, deny, and amend bills that impact real estate professionals. The 2017 session, the 79th legislative session, covered a wide range of bills affecting many aspects of real estate.
This three-hour course addresses key pieces of legislation from the 2019 Legislative Session, reviews disclosure requirements and provides a review and update on federal and state laws pertaining to real estate practice. It meets Nevada’s mandatory requirement for CE on Law and Legislative topics.
Course highlights include:
- Legislative changes impacting licensee advertising, nicknames, and educational requirements
- Changes impacting common interest communities
- Updates to landlord tenant laws
- Disclosure law in Nevada impacting licensees, sellers, and common interest communities
- Updates to federal fair housing law including hoarding as a disability, HUD’s position on blanket tenant screening for criminal records, group homes, assistance animals, sexual orientation as a federally protected class, and proposals to add source of income and military status to the federally protected classes
- An update on the National Flood Insurance Program
- Federal laws that govern data security and prospecting
- Nevada’s amended consumer privacy rule
- Activities and examples to seal in the new information and frame it in everyday, practical context